This C++ library provides full featured data aware Qt widgets. It is based on the Qt library from http://www.troll.no and consists of an ODBC manager class and a set of data aware widgets.
The current beta release includes a test program and provides a shared library for your projects.
If you would like to contribute, there is a lot to do.
... and if my English bothers you, feel free to correct me.
2000 Jul 012000 May 13
The 0.2.6 has been released! The change log:
- win32 port (AUBA <J.Preiss@gastrofix.com">)
- BOOL sql type in the DBCheckBox was fixed and unixODBC path for PostgreSQL ODBC Driver has been sent
- in the DBToolbarFind lookup function has been improved
- DBTableDescription,DBMasterDescription has been rewrited for more Qt compliant
- simple example has corrected
The 0.2.5 has been released! The change log:
- qt-1.x.x is supported and tested
- new example has been added
- the compiling error has been fixed
- developer tree is changed
- automake files is reviewed
2000 May 10
The 0.2.4 has been released! The change log:
- common locale support for datasource has been added and tested intensively
- error handling is improved
- CURSOR_STATIC is set as default(was: the problem with MySQL)
- readonly mode switch based on ODBC option now
- asynchronous ODBC calls was added but has not been tested(I don't have any ODBC drivers with this supported)
- new class DBToolbarNavigator inherited from QToolBar, QPixmap was used, it's work with several forms switched by setActive() slot
- new class DBToolbarFind inherited from QToolBar. I used this class as smart lookup panel with the lineedit for search, the button and with the field container(combobox)
- the common.h was changed for locale coding(in the database table) support, used QTextCodec::codecForLocale() and as result the compile datawidget*.cpp has warning messages with casting error
- few casting changes around getQString(...), getColumnIndex(...) was made
- DBGrid, DBLineEdit was changed for QString using for locale usable
- in DBLineEdit I think, that the Qt construction (..., QWidget *, const char *name) more effective than (QWidget *, const char *name, ...) in protected DBLineEdit constructor I deleted mark parameter. It's wrong, may be
- DBLookupAdaptor added calculateWidget signal
- DBNavigator was changed for locale support. I used tr(...) function
- DBRecordODBC3 init function has sequence error around SQLNumResultCols on unixodbc-1.8.8, it fixed now
- DBRecordODBC3 initParams is check DescribeParam before call. It was problem for parameters usage in unixodbc/postgres driver
- DBValueAdaptor was changed for locale support with QTextCodec
2000 Apr 12
The 0.2.3 release is supposed to work with unixodbc/postgres
It also compiles with the iODBC driver manager.
2000 Feb 18
The datawidget prject moves to http://sourceforge.net/project/?group_id=2308
Now it has a public cvs archive.
1999 Nov 09
Luc Saffre started a DataWidget Documentation Project :-)
1999 Nov 05
Version 0.2.1 has some bugfixes and minor improvements.
1999 Oct 201999 Oct 16
Version 0.2 compiles with QT 1.4 and Qt 2.0.
Version 0.1.3 handles date/time columns and installs a shared library.
Please post your reports or sugestions to the datawidget mailinglist firstname.lastname@example.org
To subscribe to the list, please go to http://sourceforge.net/mail/?group_id=2308.
This package is released under the terms of the GNU General Public License.